Monday, April 15, 2013

So I finished reading The Curious Incident.

It's so strange, almost surreal, to sit through it again as if for the first time but with a dash of déjà vu. I found out (again) who killed the dog, what else happened, and what the ending was like :) There's also a 1.5 page 'write-up' on Malaysia that makes me all ^_^.. (basically he saw a tourism ad for Malaysia at a train station, and proceeded to write a little bit abt the country).. here, I took a photo:

I realise this (obliteration of huge chunks of my memories) happens a lot in my life.. not just with books or music, but life.

I remember going into Form 6 and not remembering how Form 5 was like, like my life before that never happened. I remember going through a difficult encounter where my friend happened to be there, and 5 years later, when we recounted the event to another friend, I was so engrossed in my friend's re-telling of the event, as if I was never there. It scares me sometimes how my brain works. Maybe I have some form of undetected amnesia. Maybe I'm just really good at compartmentalizing. *frowns and scratches chin*

I have to say though, this makes for an excellent coping mechanism. It does make it easier to live in the now, with baggage from the past left where they should be. Old memories for most part do not haunt me much after I've gotten over them, mostly because I have little no recollection of the pain. They become like a dream, that no matter how vivid, are but remnants of the night by the time the alarm clock blares in the morning.

This is why I blog---so that when I am 70 and have nothing to do or no idea of who I am, I could go back to some of these entries and go, "Hey, I used to like that! Cool..." or "I still hate that" or "Wow I can be kinda interesting!" :D

Btw have I ever mentioned here how much I LOVE THIS SONG. Growing up in the 90s was awesome (in retrospect, of course!) and anything that points back to that era is welcome with open arms and a batch of freshly baked cookies! I lurvee this band and this song makes me happiee and spell words in a cutesy annoying wayz -- when are they ever coming up with a new album?? Anyway, how many of the references in the song did you get? Okay, balik time. Ciao bella.



That's My Jam
Relient K

[Verse 1]
Turn up the record cause the song’s just begun
I’m smashing pumpkins like it’s November 1
Wish Britney’d hit me one more time on the phone
So tired of counting crows with Mr. Jones
My sister Hazel knows that it’s all for you
Am I a Blur or do you sing my Song 2?

[Chorus]
Ooh, ooh, ooh summertime
Ooh, ooh, ooh back in ’99
Ooh, ooh, ooh, oooooh our first dance
Ooh, ooh, ooh that’s my jam

[Verse 2]
Jane’s addicted, and Alice is in chains
U2 like to move me in mysterious ways
We’re chasing waterfalls and wanderwalls
My Jewel you were meant for me,
So save my soul
Add Seven Mary Three plus 98 degrees
Eve 6 times 311
That’s you and me

[Verse 3]
This Blessid Union of Collective Souls
Is the only world we know
This heart-sha?ed candle box burns for you alone
You outta know

[Chorus - ending]
Ooh, ooh, ooh summertime
Ooh, ooh, ooh feelin’ so sublime
Ooh, ooh, ooh, oooooh Boy II Man
Ooh, ooh, ooh my Pearl Jam

Ooh, ooh, ooh summertime
Ooh, ooh, ooh back in ’99
Ooh, ooh, ooh, oooooh take my hand
Ooh, ooh, ooh baby you’re my jam

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever thought about putting this all together and publishing it? i mean really publish it as a short story or memoirs? maybe when you are 70. you would have to take away all the LH and DT and MayDay and BB gushing though. :) or maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, i've thought of publishing this blog as a book, for my own reading pleasure :D but it's costly, so maybe i'll wait till i'm older, and have more to compile, then maybe it would justify the printing cost. i'll print you a copy too if you like, maybe selective blogs (those tagged 'leehom' perhaps :D)...

      Delete