Monday, April 8, 2013

the curious case of an amnesiac reader


I am reading Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time for the fifth, sixth time (I lost count)..

Except for last year, this has become my annual read -- it's the only book I've read more than once.

(And the only other book that I can imagine myself re-reading over the years is this.)

(I can't think of any similarities between them, so I can't say why just these two books and not any others.)

Thanks to my short-term memory, it's like reading a new book all over again (case in point -- I've forgotten who killed the dog, which is like, erm, the main reason why the main character, Christopher, so-called wrote this book in the first place. I know right? I'm hopeless that way!), but with the knowledge that I would enjoy it immensely. Haha!

(Also, I'm doing this because I need to get this list moving. I'm abandoning books left and right so it's a struggle to add to it. Ah well...)

No comments:

Post a Comment