Monday, December 20, 2010

just 5 days ago, i was good with my pink phone -- limited of a communication tool it is. and then my hubby texted me with 'i know what to get you for christmas haha'. and it was another 2 days of prodding and guessing before he told me that i would be getting a new phone -- a smartphone!

NO! was my first reaction. it's expensive and i don't need it. i'd rather get a TV. blah blah..

then he had to show me the specs for the HTC Desire HD, which appears on my wishlist if you knew it, which made my hati lebih berbelah bahagi than it already was. how to say no? ;) plus if he insists, i wouldn't resist :D but i would love a new TV (which costs the same!)!

No! - Yes! - NO! - YESSS!! whyyyy..



there's a catch tho', i had to switch to DiGi, which made the decision all the more dizzying if it was possible. i've been with Maxis the past 10 years, and switching telco just seems so.. unfaithful. and i actually struggled with it through sleepless nights (ok, not the nights but the internal battle was real. this is what normalcy is like ok.)

and then i dropped by the Maxis Centre where i work and saw that they have a promo for the HTC Desire HD7. my heart cheered for a bit but i wasn't sure what to make of a Windows phone. the layout was nifty and its function competitive enough but its apps market has yet to mature compared to that of Apple and Android. and so i was madly reading up reviews after reviews and i still was unsure.

the thing is, this phone.. it's HUGE. which was a major turn-off for me. (*salutes* Major Turnoff -- this HIMYM moment is brought to you by a still-gushy me)



i would choose Android over Windows (Google over Microsoft anytime), but that would mean DiGi over Maxis. oh why can't i have everything? and by this point, the hubs have already convinced me that he isn't alone in giving the gift, that there are other ppl sharing -- and yet he didn't want to reveal who the others were. i can't believe anyone would get me a phone so i called his bluff but he kept mum. it's rather exciting but i think he finds my incessant remarks and questions annoying. hahaha..

oh in all of these, what about the iPhone, you ask. NEVER. i will not join the mass, declared i. i will not conform. and the HTC's screen is sooo pweety. :D

'haven't you learned your lesson with your MP3 player', asked my coll, in reference to my Zune player (which i got cos i didn't want an iPod -- and which i would get back if i got the Desire HD7) which konked after a year and couldn't be repaired cos repair service outside of the US costs a bomb. 'just go for iPhone la. it's reliable. huge app market. and everybody has it.' that last line is exactly why i don't want it.



but the hubs also echo that sentiment when he saw the dimensions of the Desire HD. i fought a valiant fight -- reading more review after review after review (FYI, the Desire is often declared the winner), but his 'the only reason you don't want an iPhone is cause of its popularity right?' got to me. ergh. sigh. i know, i was never known to make rational decisions. heh.



so there i will be one of these mornings, waiting in line at 8:30am at the door of the Maxis Centre to get my hand on an iPhone 4. i'm a sellout.

T___T


chongy has warned me NOT to be playing on my phone the next time we meet (i'm so guilty of this -- most time when we're together, i would be playing that one game on my phone while she and the hubs chat away). she has a point -- it's rude. but i... cannot promise thee this. :(

hehehehehehe ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment