Friday, January 14, 2011

it has been a couple of emotionally-charged (of the conniption variant) days. first, my never-ending saga with the tea lady who i srsly think has a thing for me. i could have spurned her love one time too many that she sees it fit to exact her form of revenge, which is to pick at every single thing that i do and telling me off loudly in front of everyone when i less expected it. she's stopped emptying my bin, so i do that on my own. did i also mention that she's stopped providing thrash bags in the pantry and that ours is the only office in the world without a garbage bin? and aside from her totally rude manner, she is also the gossip queen of the office, and we suspect one of my colleague's recent resignation is (partially) a result of her poisonous tongue. *shoots tea lady one of Lily Aldrin's you-are-dead-to-me look*

and the other thing that flipped me inside out was to see a usage charge of RM509 on my Maxis bill, RM438 of which was data charge. i had been monitoring my usage very closely, being careful not to overstep my limit of 1G -- which isn't a lot, apparently -- after hearing many cases of rude bill shocks encountered by first time smartphone users, so i practically imploded (might explain why i'm so tired these couple of days -- i'm practically yawning by 8 and in bed by 10).. and after a much-restrained call to maxis, i was informed that my quota for this month has been prorated due to the difference in bill cycle and the day i started using the phone. and i was like 'why didn't anyone tell me this?? i have been monitoring...' and blah blah blah -- i drilled the fella for 40 mins, but one reason why the call prolonged was every time i asked him a question such as, what was my limit?, he'd put me on hold for a good minute or two  -- and no, i didn't lose my cool and shouted at him, but i did sound mighty displeased.. anyways in the end, the cust svc agent told me that they would waive some kinda fee (some capping fee?) amounting to RM250 (i think they should waive the whole RM438, don't you?).. which reduced my phone bill significantly, but still. URGH.

so there you go, smartphone users-to-be, be sure of what your first month data limit is, or maxis is going to xxxxx you nicely. that, or switch to DiGi's unlimited plan. if you decide to stay with maxis, get the iDataUsage app from the iTunes store to help monitor your usage. this is the end of the PSA (public svc announcement).

as to my tea lady, hahaha, stay tune for the next chapter. God, teach me restraint and wisdom. and much as i don't want to, love. YUCK. *the battle rages*

No comments:

Post a Comment