Wednesday, October 19, 2011

To Rex with love.

Have I posted this pic before? I guess.. not? Anyways, Nasi Lemak 2.0 was HI-to-the-LA-to-the-RIOUS! Directed by the sensationalist (as chongy wld call him), no-stranger-to-us, beanie-wearing director, Namewee, and heavily inspired by Stephen Chau's Fod of Cookery, NL2.0 is filled with scenes and speech that hit close to home (if you're a Msian and you can't laugh at this, you're sooo a pendatang ok!), with no lack of LOL moments (and a couple of goosebump raising scenes too). I'm suitably impressed at his directorial debut effort--I hope he's more goodies in his bag!

Annnd it even brought my parents back to the cinema after what, 25 years?? Yeah, the last time they were in one, the single-screen Rex and Cathay cinemas were still in operations, movie posters were hand painted not printed, cinema floors would be covered in kuaci seed shells after each showing and tickets cost like 3 bucks. And I was alive to remember all these. Ooo...

No comments:

Post a Comment