Friday, August 2, 2013

anachronous.



This could have been the anthem of my life at one point. I'm just glad there was a happy ending for all of us. :)

Btw, The Bright Side hasn't seen an entry in a while. I've read a lot of things I've liked on Quora but it's quite a hassle to get them out from the phone to here (side note: I'm beginning to wonder if I'm spending too much time on Q). Nevertheless, this entry should make up for the absence.

I never thought I'd live to a very old age, but if I ever do, I want to spend it like this man..
Meet Hal Lasko, mostly known as Grandpa, a 97-year-old man who uses Microsoft Paint from Windows 95 to create artwork that has been described as “a collision of pointillism and 8-Bit art.” Lasko, who is legally blind, served in WWII drafting directional and weather maps for bombing raids and later worked as a typographer (back when everything is done by hand) for clients such as General Tire, Goodyear and The Cleveland Browns before retiring in the 1970s. Decades after his retirement his family introduced him to Microsoft Paint and he never looked back. Approaching a century in age, Lasko is now having his work shown for the first time in an art exhibition and also has prints for sale online.

[via]




So yeah, every one of his amazing paintings was painstakingly dotted on MS Paint. Who would have thought! Watch this very inspiring video..


2 comments:

  1. I've been listening to Michelle Chamuel's version of this song in my car all weekend. :)
    D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mm this doesn't happen often, but all the covers of this song that I've heard on YouTube just can't hold a candle to the original, mainly because the female vocalists tend to have smoother voices and the song's edginess is just lost in all the.. smoothness. IMHO no one can do Pink's songs like Pink does :D

      Delete