Sunday, August 11, 2013

It's been a really good long weekend thanks to the Hari Raya holidays. I hardly did anything more than eating and sleeping and laughing and lazing. Spent Raya evening at Z's house per custom every year, and had tonnes of fun playing Taboo (srsly, I need to buy a set of my own!) with Z, F, J, M and the husb, and helping myself to plates of Raya delicacies; spent the next couple of days with family cooking and eating as my bro and sis in law are back from Singapore; spent today having a lunch and coffee with S and the husb talking about theology and traveling plans. It doesn't get much better than that and I'm more than grateful. :)

[via]

I haven't done much translating work recently, so this is my gift to myself to mark the end of a 96 hours well spent (plus, I'm doing well in blocking thoughts of having to go back to work tmrw). It's a short song, and I love how Ashin puts words together. Of course I really can't judge its quality, but by my standard, this is gold. So here's Mayday's Poetry of the Day After 后青春期的诗 and wishing everyone a good week ahead! XOXO.


當煙霧(yānwù)隨晨光(chénguāng)飄散 枕(zhěn)畔(pàn)的湖已風乾
期待已退化成等待 而我告別了突然
當淚痕勾勒(gōulè)著遺憾 回憶誇(kuā)飾(shì)著傷感
逝(shì)水比喻(bǐyù)時光荏苒(rěnrǎn)
終於我們不再為了生命狂歡(kuánghuān)為愛情狂亂
然而青春彼岸(bǐ'àn)盛夏(shèngxia)正要一天一天一天的燦爛
(口白:然後呢 一起走吧)

As the mist vaporizes with daybreak, the lake at the edge of the pillow (pool of tears) has already dried up
Anticipation is reduced to waiting, just as I bid farewell to the unexpected
As tear stains outline regrets, and memory boasts of how it conceals sadness
Time is slipping by like flowing water
Finally we are no longer merrymaking over life or go hysterical over love
However, the midsummer on the other side of youth is becoming more and more splendorous
(Spoken: What happens now? Let's go.)

誰說不能讓我此生唯一自傳 如同詩一般
無論多遠未來讀來依然一字一句一篇都燦爛
讓天空解釋(jiěshì)著蔚藍(wèilán) 浮雲(fúyún)定義著潔白(jiébái)
落花鋪陳(pūchén)一片紅色地毯(dìtǎn)迎接我們到未來 精彩未完的未來

Whoever was it that said my only autobiography cannot be like a poem?
No matter how far, the future reads the same:
Every letter, every word, every verse will be brilliant
Let the sky explain what 'azure' is, and the floating clouds define 'pure white'
And falling flowers arrange themselves into a carpet of red
To welcome our future; our wonderful, unfinished future



后青春期的诗
五月天

作词/曲:阿信

當煙霧隨晨光飄散 枕畔的湖已風乾
期待已退化成等待 而我告別了突然
當淚痕勾勒著遺憾回憶誇飾著傷感逝水比喻時光荏苒

終於我們不再為了生命狂歡為愛情狂亂
然而青春彼岸盛夏正要一天一天一天的燦爛
(阿信口白:然後呢 一起走吧)

誰說不能讓我此生唯一自傳如同詩一般
無論多遠未來讀來依然一字一句一篇都燦爛
讓天空解釋著蔚藍 浮雲定義著潔白
落花鋪陳一片紅色地毯迎接我們到未來精彩未完的未來

No comments:

Post a Comment