Friday, April 18, 2014

Derek Webb and his wife Sandra have just announced over FB and Tumblr that they are ending their marriage of 13 years.

Sigh~

I am usually minorly affected by celebrities throwing in the towel in this arena, but this one... Maybe the facts that they are Christians, and how I hold Derek in high regard when it comes to his work, and how they have lovingly collaborated in the past, these add up. Derek's songs have touched me on personal level, so this feels personal.

I'm not saying Christians don't make mistakes what more in marriage, I'm not saying anything. I'm just sad, really sad :'(

I'm sure they had taken a lot of time to work this through, but would they just give it one more try? Why did you give up? At what point do you decide that it's not worth it anymore? I can't imagine having to share and deal with such private matter with the public, but that's the price one pays for being well known figures. 

I wish them the best, and I pray for reconciliation in the future, no matter how improbable it seems now. Why? Hmm, I suppose some wars need to be fought. But what do I know.

:(

Today's Good Friday. It doesn't feel good now but I know without a shadow of a doubt that it is. I'm on my way down to Singapore for a special Easter miracle. I'll write about it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment