Wednesday, April 30, 2014

of a few boys.

Was discussing some work with my website servicing consultant this morning, when I found out he was down with some nasty cough and that he was going to leave for home soon after the conversation, and so when I saw that he was still online after about half an hour, I buzzed him.
Hey what are you still doing here!

Finishing everything up at the moment. Since today we have quite a lot of urgent tasks at hand, I could only ever go back at 4 pm the earliest today. :(

Aiyo! :( But you're sick!

Yeah, but I'd much rather take it upon myself to stay here and get things done and sorted out first than to cause trouble for everyone here for leaving early. It really doesn't sit with me too well if that were to happen haha xD So no issue for me I guess, as long as I can stop myself from dropping dead suddenly from all this sneezing :P

Haha you're quite an awesome worker. Your attitude is really commendable. :D But please don't drop dead. It would be quite a hassle getting rid of your body. It's crunch time for your colleagues too so don't be inconsiderate. :P

Haha! Now that you mention it, perhaps I should really leave now. xD I truly believe that if you try your hardest for other people, they will return the favour in one way or another! X) Or even if they don't, at least you know you have done the right thing! :) Alright, time for me to get things sorted out as quick as possible before I really do drop dead, while I still can xD Thanks again and enjoy your day!
Srsly, how many people, especially guys, do you know who type in complete, properly punctuated and correctly capitalised sentences? I think I can count the total of everyone I know who's like that on one hand (A, C, M and A, there ya go). But even I don't chat like that, as I feels it looks too formal but I'm warming up to the practice (it looks weird when I don't, so when in Romeee..)

He and one of his seniors are some of my most favorite people I've worked with. Ever polite, efficient and helpful, I find their bright eyed and bushy tailed attitude so refreshing and their youthful exuberance so infectious -- it's always such a joy to talk to them although it does make me wonder what cynical cow I'm turning into. :D

Anyway, on the opposite end of the mood spectrum, I find this sad sounding song rather soothing. Makes me think about stuff. Hat tip to A for the intro. :)


Oh I might as well put this here cos I lazy to start a new post about it. So I watched the Jersey Boys musical with my regular kaki WW. For some reasons I didn't think of checking out their songs prior, so the enjoyment level was less than optimum. Still enjoyed it though. Did you know that the Four Seasons were the biggest rock group there was before the Beatles? I didn't. And I found it strange that I only knew ONE of their songs (the evergreen Can't Take My Eyes Off You). Shame on me! :P The other songs didn't really stick, except for one called My Eyes Adored You. This musical is about the formative years of the group up until when they found fame and their subsequent unraveling. That bit was sad. I always have a soft spot for friendship-themed productions, so yeah, this left me a little bummed out especially knowing that it was based on real life events. Hmm life's sometimes like that.. you win some, you lose a lot. I saw on FB that there would be a new JB movie directed by Clint Eastwood coming out soon -- would love to catch it in the cinema!



Speaking of JB (are you still reading? lol), one of the most unlikeliest things happened yesterday morning. I listened to a sermon (which I rarely if ever do because I don't like listening to audio of people talking)(that's the main reason why I don't like radio, except for BFM89.9 on my morning drive to work, which is about the only time I catch up on business news lol)(ok, I wasn't really listening to the sermon, just whichever bit I managed to catch while doing other things, like actual work heh).. ANYWAY my point is that this sermon was linked from Twitter.. and the strange bit was that of all the 174 accounts I am currently following, it came from one Justin Bieber. Yes, good ol Biebs. Bizzle. (If you wonder what business have I got following him when his music is nowhere in the same universe as what I like, and his propensity for grating public antics and embarrassing gaffes is ridiculous.. I'm not excusing him in anyway, it's just that hmm, I think on some level I am a tiny bit concerned about him, it's not easy being a kid growing up in such spotlight. So this is like err, I don't know.)

Anyway, the sermon I Was Born For This (linked here) was by Ps Carl Lentz, a very hip looking Hillsong NYC pastor and father of three, I could totally see him chilling out with his kids in his V-neck tee lol. It was not a mind-blowing sermon, if anything I'm sure I've heard a few of its other incarnations, but he sounded like he has his heart in the right place, and I think for some people, especially the kids who were listening to this for the first time, it would definitely give them something to think about, and who knows what could happen from there.. so yeah, JB the social media evangelist, who would have thought right. Given that he's the most followers on Twitter for anyone ever, that's really something that he did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment