Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I developed a backache (on my lower left side) at the end of the CNY holiday. Nicked a few pieces of back pain patches from my MIL, but putting them on instantly made me feel like I was 50 year old. Sigh. It soothes the pain for a while til I remembered that I have an allergy towards cloth plasters which resulted in a square red area that keeps begging me to scratch it. I’ve stopped using the patches since, and resorted to Counterpain, a muscle pain relief cream, but because I have to apply it over the sore/scratched skin, it stings quite a bit every time I do.

I don’t want to grow old. :(

On an unrelated but positive note, I was rather encouraged with the Tunisian revolution and then the Egyptian protests. My first thought was like, Whoa – this should totally happen here! Our PM must have read my mind, cos he has since issued a veiled threat (We will not allow it to happen here -- urgh sure like we will ask for permission -_-) I’m sure he has every reason to be jittery. It's about time! Anyways, do read this primer on what’s going on in Egypt (link from

a fleeting shadow