Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hey diddle diddle, the Cat and the fiddle, the Cow jumped over the...

Just last Friday I was going through some jazz tunes on youtube and caught myself wishing that I could hear Lee Hom do Sinatra's Fly Me To The Moon. And then last night I found this:


You can't fault me for being over the same celestial body that he sang about, can you? ^_^ Oh. my. heart!

Oh btw, we had an amazing time in Pangkor and Penang the past five days. Pangkor was for our church camp where Thadd was the speaker w00t! It was nice getting to know some of the members; we haven't been around at church much due to his preaching engagement so I don't know anyone at all. So the camp was a good place for me to say Hi. For some reason, a few people were surprised to hear me speak Chinese, and I was like I look so Cina whatever gave you the idea that I couldn't? -_-".. Haha.. that aside, we enjoyed the time there very much.. and it is always heartening to see people responding to God's word. :)

We made our way up to Penang after that and experienced what I would call extreme hospitality from Angie and her son Yishen.. they took such good care of us that it made us blush! She brought us to all the best makan places in Penang (away from the standard tourist fare that we usually eat yay!) and didn't allow us to pay for anything. I managed to "fight" and paid twice, for drinks only that is! Every time I hand the money to the waiters, she would say something in Hokkien and the waiters would then refused to take our money. She even paid for the tau sar pneah that we were bringing home for colleagues and friends. T_T We definitely owe them a big meal when they come back to KL.. :)

At every meal, without fail, the four of us will eat enough for six. Sorry for the pics of the empty bowls of what used to be curry noodle, lam meen, and hokkien mee.. for photos of actual food (there are loads), go to my FB album *HERE*. :)

It's such a dread coming back to the office, but here I am, nibbling on a tau sar pneah, reminiscing every bite of our Penang memories. the weather has been mercilessly hot lately, but thank God that it was cloudy with light drizzle the two days we were hopping from stall to stall in Pg. I wasn't feeling too great this morning (post-vacay blues?) but after a glass of Vit C, I'm feeling better. Ooh, the weekend's here again!! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment