Monday, September 23, 2013

just kids.

Am loving Switchfoot's new song and new sound, which certainly makes for a good concert anthem. Can hear myself singing along to this at their next gig here.. when oh when, guys?! :)

The lyrics are economical (this point really stands out as I'm fresh off from listening to Em's rap where the standard format for each song is three verses with tens of lines and hundred of words that are not repeated, plus a chorus/hook) but I think they are somewhat sufficient and more importantly, do not come off trite. Like I said, perfect sing-a-long song! :)

I'm so tempted to download this single now from iTunes, but I think I'll wait til the LP comes out and get the full album woot! What did I say about 2013 being a good year for this music fan! *cartwheels*

we were just kids
just limited, misfit, itinerant outcasts
singing 'bout the dissonance

we were just kids
wide open like a child
eyes open like a child
unbroken by the wheels gone by

switchfoot :: who we are

No comments:

Post a Comment