Saturday, September 7, 2013

what up, September!

Time flies. Time flies. Time fliesssssssss.

I've a whole slew of things that made me mad and sad and annoyed and riled up, from the religious teachers of this country, to the discriminatory education system, to the price hike in petrol which is signalling more inflation to come, to the ever dropping Ringgit value, with the Syrian issue hanging at the back of my head the whole time. Also, I haven't bumped into Leehoom the entire time he is here! It's been a long week that way.

BUT, I don't want to end it such note. So here's something that never fail to light up my face and make me smile... SUPER MARIO BROS!



Ahhh... this instantly brought me back to 1992, when my dad came back with the Atari console, and this game (among others) came to life. The burst of colours! The excitement! And those tunes!! They stuck with me for the past 20+ years.. I still random hum to the tune when nostalgia strikes. it's a 2D kinda LOVE! :) *sighs contently* I would so love to get my hands on these games again.

TGIF guys. xoxo.



NB. oh I should add that the theme song to Leehom's upcoming movie with Zhang Ziyi, 非常幸運 My Lucky Star, was released today. It's called 愛一點 Love A Little which is actually a cover song by another relatively unknown Chinese singer called Mo Yanlin. The verdict? I.... am sorry but I'm not too fond of it. Sorry, Leehom. I really wanted to like it but my first impression was that it was too generic and forgettable, it sounds like another cookie-cutter love song. I was disappointed. I wish they had commissioned you to write the theme song instead.

But urm, what I did like about it was listening to his voice. I really miss that (ya ya, I listen to him everyday in my car, but this is different, if you know what I mean). It's been a while since we last heard a new song from him (the last being 12 Zodiacs and that was a good nine months ago!

Really looking forward to your new album, Leehom! And oh, I suppose it's already your last day here in Malaysia. I hope you've had a good two plus weeks here. I regret that I never went stalking you. Please don't revoke my fangirl licence! Safe journey to wherever you're going next, and come back soon!

Watch the song here.

Edit 9.9.13: I can't believe I got hooked onto the song. Okay, I'm taking back "forgettable" but I'm still sticking with "generic" and "cookie-cutter".. but I'm adding "light-hearted" into the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment