Saturday, March 29, 2014

World Vision (a charity I happen to support) recently amended their hiring policy to allow for people in same sex marriage to be employed, and the Internet blew up. In America that is. People were pulling out their sponsorship left and right because they were so disgusted how a Christian organisation could so cavalier with their hiring practice. I must be so naive a donor, because I never bothered with a background check on the sexual tendency of whoever that manages the money I send to WV every month. I just trust that it would reach the child's community and that it would benefit them. Did you mean, doing this is about ME and my infallible principles, and not the kids? Aw.

Actually I don't understand some Christians' preoccupation with homosexuality. The way it's painted in the media is as if it's the ONLY sin ever spoken of in the Bible. Forget about love and grace and all that jazz! Evangelists with overblown ego and private jets? Wow, so charisma, much impressed. Mean spirited, slandering neighbors? Come, come, share thy juicy goss. Proud of your grotesquely shapeless shape because eating in moderation is for the poor? Double portions of blessing for you. Loud mouth gay basher with a sweet lying tongue? Here's a special seat for you. You're love some one of your own gender?! Here's your ticket, enjoy your journey to hell. Before that let me give you a taste of what that's like here on earth because like, that's my life's calling.

I mean, these people have no problem handing over their money to retailers who are in cahoots with sweatshops in third world country just so they could wear the latest designer dresses, and they don't check the credentials of the restaurant owners before making a food order. Because as long as I get my cronut wearing that trendy color-blocked top, who cares? But an illiterate child who's future is uncertain, you can't have my money cos there's a possibility that whoever I'm handling my hard-earned salary to isn't halal. So shut up cos I don't care what happens to you, can't you see I'm trying to make a point? And who you calling a hypocrite, punk!

Well done, guys. Your wallets have spoken. Call it principle and faith or what not, you know it's your money that talked and everyone heard you lour and clear. God is well pleased, as you are.

Clap.

Clap.




NB.
I don't know why I picked to write about this, I rarely ever speak on current issues pertaining to Christianity that don't affect me directly, but since I've been pretty annoyed the whole week about everything, I might as rant about this too. Because I'm unhelpful like that. Btw, World Vision reverted its policy a few days later, having succumbed to the pressure. Sigh~

No comments:

Post a Comment