Thursday, August 7, 2014

Churches nationwide is starting a 40-day fast today, ending on September 16, Malaysia Day. J asked me to do it with her (we be accountability partner for each other) and while I was kinda excited about it, I was also wary about my ability to sustain it.. cos the sanguine in me is always game for a roaring start but is prone to fizzling out boo hoo! But you know what, by God's grace, I can do this!

We're following one of the plans recommended by her church (with minor tweaks on my end).. My plan is that every day I am going to skip a meal (lunch, mostly), read one chapter from the Bible (we've decided to cover the minor prophets), and pray for 30 minutes. I might vary that a bit later, but we'll see how. I actually don't know how I'm going to do the prayer bit knowing how terrible I am at it, but I willlll tryyyyyyyy.. Holy Spirit please help me haha!

Okay, here we go! ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment