Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I started walking/running again, yesterday being my second time in as many weeks. It's been a long time coming, ever since I stopped last year due to err.. inclement weather or sumfink like that lol! I might have ran a couple of times in the meantime, but it's really been close to a year since I donned my running shoes and sweat it out at KLCC Park. I really hope to continue doing it once weekly, for it's getting harder and harder to shed those weight.. *dripping w sarcasm* thanksssssss, age.

Anyhoo, running. Look at all these inspirational posters... aren't they... inspirational? What a romantic, lofty view eh.

If only they worked on me!

This is no secret but the truth is... I HATE running.

All I want to do is to lie down like a slug on my couch and stuff my face with potato chips drowned in chili cheese and still be able to fit into a size 4 dress. Yes, that is how it should be.

Most people might find running therapeutic and that they are able to focus and think about stuff and all. Or like Olympian Eric Liddell who said he was born to run and so felt God's pleasure when he was running.

When I run, all I could think about is WHEN WOULD THIS END? WHY DO I THIS? HOW LONG MORE? CAN I QUIT NOW? Tsk tsk. This happens every. single. time.

Everyone has a calling... this isn't mine la. You know what am I made for?

EATING. I feel such pleasure when I eat yummy food. Like that piping hot bowl of fish head I had last night? That was DIVINE. Nasi lemak? Tandoori chicken? Bak kut teh? Curry? Grilled lamb? Pasta carbonara? Roast duck? Rendang? Roast pork? Claypot rice? THESE ARE STUFF LIFE IS MADE OFF OKAY.

Sigh..... so for you food oh glorious food, I shall hit the track again next week and the week after and endure that grueling 50 minutes so that guilt would slide off me while I go for that second helping. Nom nom. :)

Btw, I actually like walking. I think I can cover quite a distance on foot. So why don't I walk right? Because it takes forever to cover my usual route. And also because ambling doesn't cut it. It burns so few calories I'd be wasting my time. I actually alternate between running and brisk walking, because I just don't have the stamina to run 5km continuously.. so there.

Haha, look at me, blogging about food while fasting. Tsk tsk! *beams*

No comments:

Post a Comment