Thursday, October 16, 2014

horror of horrors.

so last night i went back to my parents' place because they had a harvest of bananas and asked me to go back for some. the hubby wasn't free so i went back alone which i'm usually okay with cos it's my old home and i practically grew up there.. but then again, i haven't been back in a while as they have moved out, only that they go back there every morning to cook and prepare soyabean drinks for sale. oh have I mentioned my old house is right smack in the middle of a Chinese cemetery? it doesn't bother me though---I've never had any eerie experiences of any sort. it's just a place where home was.

the thing is, it is not so much the spirits than the serpentine that bother me. as i was reaching home, i remembered how my parents have been telling me about their recent encounterSSS with SNAKES OMG. if there are two things that i am most terrified of, they are syringes/needles and SNAKES. just thinking about them can make me stop dead in my track---i have vivid imagination, what can i say. anyway they told me about this HUGE snake (i think it's python) that they have seen around and how fast that bloody thing moves and all.

my imagination was already going wild the whole time but i didn't realise how scared i was until i parked. my parents were not home and it was quite dark all around. i left my car ignition and lights on and i walked to the back of the house to get in. the house is this dilapidated structure (my parents built it around the time i was born and it's made of wood and hasn't stood the test of time---anyone up for a tour haha) and it wasn't very well lit and images of snakes flying out from nowhere and mauling me had me close to tears - ok I cried a bit - it was a page right out of a horror movie okay no kidding.

i was so petrified that i stood at some spots for so long, wondering if i should turn back.. but i kept inching forward (like a classic protagonist who's gonna die in the next scene). getting into the house took spy-like ability (old house, tricky locks) and i was using my phone as flashlight but it was running out of battery so i had to get in before it was all dark. of all the days i didn't keep it charged.. -_-

i got in after some fumbling about and i stopped and looked at every spot in my house where i've previously seen a snake, half expecting one there. and i couldn't see where my parents left the bananas and they didn't pick up my calls until a good few times later. all i could only think about was my imminent death by then.. stuff like if i would have time to text everyone a farewell message, and which order that would go, or if i should just send a mass text in case i died quick.. my heart was pounding the whole time and my body was so tense and i probably heard my blood coursing through every vein and capillary.

thank God kitty was home and her meowing provided some assurance to me. i suppose if there were danger she would be hissing with hair standing up instead of rubbing herself against me and trying to get me to pet her, right? i was told that the bananas were in my old room which is like this spooky and dark room and again i contemplated whether to just leave empty handed. but i thought if i survived this, my parents might not be so pleased so i soldiered on. i ran in, quickly took a comb and dashed out of the room and patted the cat and left the house with my heart intact but really, what an ordeal i had to suffer for a bunch of bananas.

home schome, i am srsly never ever going back there alone again.

2 comments:

  1. Our old room was where the small snakes go to Zzz... big snakes, kitchen or dining area ;p

    Oh, the kitty, don't get too attached to it... it will turn to snake food... or it was luring the snake to eat you instead or it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *cries* don't remind meeee... bad memories begone! </3

      Delete