Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"why don't you just jump out of the window and let scavengers eat at your body?"

my colleague was too stunned to reply when her boss messaged that to her over skype. the same colleague who is pregnant and who will be the only remaining staff in her department by this month end when her other co-workers finish serving their notices and leave.

this immediately reminded me of what my ex-boss told me:

"do i have to tie you up like a dog so that you don't wander off and s*** everywhere?"

and the injustice of it all, these people will go on to enjoy big bonuses just because they are favored by their bosses, leaving their victims battered and scarred and scraping for self-esteem from the back of the fridge.

pardon my theology, but is there a special place in hell for people like these?

1 comment: