Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New.

Happy new year peeps! We're three weeks into the new year already, just like that! It's been a super busy Dec leading into Jan, with work and Christmas and holiday and work (in that order), I haven't found the writing mojo to sum up the year gone by and talk about my aspirations for this year, and thr's a tinge of sadness accompanying that sentence, like watching a part of you slipping away and not doing anything to hold on to it.

Well, I've had a good year and I'm thankful for it. Its highlights included Universal Studio and Wicked musical in Spore at the beginning of the year, participating in the Bersih 3.0 rally, my trips to Melbourne and Taipei, our 10th anniversary, my month-long birthday celebration with love from my amazing friends, and of course, Leehom (!)(can't believe it hasn't been a year, it feels like ten already) and through him, D and S who are the awesomest people I could ask for in fellow fangirls. I am so blessed!

It was also my first year being uprooted from the church I'd known my entire Christian life and finding my place in a new church, which frankly, hasn't happened, due to our constant being away for preaching engagements, but mostly also due to my anti-social behaviour and resistance to a new environ. I think it's gonna take me a while.. sigh. Career-wise, nothing much happened for the bulk of the year and I was rather demotivated. However toward the year end, I was getting some interesting opportunities but I'm not sure how to make the most of it. The uncertainties are unnerving but I'm happy to be reminded that this is a great chance to rely on God. Still, I'm rattled.

Here's hoping for an interesting and fulfilling 2013. Lord, I commit the year and my life into your hand. Guide me and may I be sensitive to your prompting. Thank you for every blessing that had come my way, and make me a blessing to someone else too. Thank you.

random photo from phone

No comments:

Post a Comment