Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Yeah I'm still a huge fan of Leehom, if you are wondering lol! I can't wait for his March concert (the tix should be on its way to me right about now). Alas, Mayday is also scheduled to perform here in March, and I'm quite sad having to choose between them (I mean, of course I'd go for Leehom's show, but watching Mayday live is also on my bukkit list, you see).

Back to Leehom, one of the nice things he does for his fans that is set to be a tradition is the free show he holds on New Year's night (yup, FREE. who was the last superstar you know who forks out his own money to treat fans this way? :) This year is his second in a row, and he's pretty smart to use it as a marketing tool as well. Last year's show was held in a small cafe in Taipei, while this year's was in Beijing in what seems to be an auditorium. We had to depend on dubious quality fancams last year to get a glimpse of the show, but this year, he has hired professional videographers and what he's been doing is releasing a song from the show every Tuesday on his social media network. I love to have something to look forward to every day in his weibo, and every week in his video. Brownie points for excellent fan service!

So last night he posted this song (here's the link to my Youtube playlist of the free show) called 如果妳聽見我的歌 If You Heard My Song from his second album, and on FB/weibo he described why the song holds a special meaning to him:


在送妳上車以後 我獨自站了好久
雨像一整夜的夢 痛卻怎麼也不走
after sending you off, i stood alone at the station for a while
the rain was like a night-long dream, the pain didn't seem to go away

猜不透是那裡出了錯 或許只是該結束的時候
想起妳那句還是朋友 為什麼我竟如此痛在心頭
i couldn't guess where it went wrong
perhaps it was time to close the chapter
was thinking about what you said about remaining friends
why did it hurt so deeply in my heart

如果妳在寂寞的時刻卻聽見我這首歌 妳眼眶是否會發熱
如果妳在快樂的時刻卻聽見我這首歌 妳心裡是否會有一點捨不得
if you got lonely and heard my song, would your eyes start to burn
when you're happy and heard my song, would you begrudge me in your heart

淚不會輕易地流 妳也用不著歉疚
愛就像覆水難收 情又有誰能強求
the tears wouldn't flow easily, you also don't need to be apologetic
there's no point crying over spilled milk, you can't force love


It's a simple song (perhaps even for a 19-year-old) but it's still pleasant to the ears 17 years on.. Perhaps it's its simplicity that makes it easier to build on, so here are my two favorite versions of the song:
  • from the 2008 Music Man concert 


  • from the 2013 New Year Free Show 


如果妳聽見我的歌

作詞:劉虞瑞
作曲:王力宏

在送妳上車以後 我獨自站了好久
雨像一整夜的夢 痛卻怎麼也不走

猜不透是那裡出了錯 或許只是該結束的時候
想起妳那句還是朋友 為什麼我竟如此痛在心頭

如果妳在寂寞的時刻卻聽見我這首歌 妳眼眶是否會發熱
如果妳在快樂的時刻卻聽見我這首歌 妳心裡是否會有一點捨不得

淚不會輕易地流 妳也用不著歉疚
愛就像覆水難收 情又有誰能強求

No comments:

Post a Comment