Sunday, March 24, 2013

Wish I was dreaming instead.

It's 3:33AM as I started writing this. I am going to pay for it dearly tmrw. I suspect alcohol is the culprit. I know it is supposed to knock ppl out, but this isn't the first time I have had trouble sleeping after a few glasses. Makes me wonder...

Celebrated Ck2's wedding earlier in the evening. I still remember him walking down the aisle with us a little over ten years ago as our bestman, he must have been 17 then. How time flies! Dinner was held at Doubletree Hilton, and it was a splendid affair.

But what I enjoyed most is to be able to catch up with old friends---save for that one awkward "friend" who was on my table---I've given up trying to figure out what had happened to again have driven a wedge between us and why is she so weird and what's up with her stuck-up attitude and what we are (basically that stage where it's worse than being strangers) so yeah, whatever! *just annoyed that we were seated together*

(can't believe I spent a para ranting abt this, but really, it's the first time in the X years that I've known her that I've actually wrote this so excuse me for being ticked off)(honestlyyyy thoughhh, i think i could have been just as inscrutable---perhaps we are both diff sides of the same coin, just never meant to meet)(oh well).

That aside, it was nice to know what everyone has been up to, and what are the changes that have happened or are happening.. and how everyone's kids are doing..Like how I can't believe J's turning 21! And Auntie S is retiring in a week's time! And Uncle & Auntie L's trip to Iceland (alas they missed the Aurora), and Auntie J's globetrotting son's adventures, and lil G's straight A's SPM results.. I had a good night ^_^

Oh and my hair behaved very well today, and I'm pleased.

Btw I have started going for weekly vocal lessons (2nd class today). The centre's run by a Philipino husband-wife duo, allllthe way in Subang. Distance notwithstanding, I am not too keen on their method (plus todate, they have not tested the quality of my voice -- doubt they cld really hear what it really sounds like over the karaoke music and amplified mic with echo.) Still undecided if I wld continue after this month. I have two more lessons before I decide so we'll see.

Yikes it's 3:55AM!!! Thadd is preaching in Puncak Jalil tmrw morn. And I have a lunch appt to keep (thankfully a dinner appt is postponed---I really need to rest after this long week of being away at Miri for training and the delayed flight home and a full Saturday. I hope I won't fall ill---the weather has been erratic these few days, scorching hot one min and torrential rain the next). My alarm will ring at 8:00...sigh. I read that if I kept still for 15mins I'd fall asleep.. but how not to move over 15mins??

Okay 4:16AM. Imma again try to force myself to sleep. Good night. XOXO.



2 comments:

  1. the best part about weddings is to catch up with old friends. I used to enjoy the long 'Chinese' weddings that have 8 course meals but nowadays i prefer the simpler and quieter affairs.
    Ummm...hope your 'awkward' friend doesn't read this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I used to enjoy the 8-course meal too, but after at least 10 years of eating similar stuff at least 60 times (!), the menus bore me! but it gives ample time for me to catch up with people so I'm not complaining much..

      mm I want to say I don't care whether she reads my blog or not, but if I really think about it, I think I might.. so I'm not going to think about it. Haha!

      Delete