Friday, May 23, 2014

and the moment's magic swept us away.. and it’s so close, but we’re so far away.

I can't say how glad I am for online messaging systems. They allow socially inept folks like me to have decent conversations, sometimes even coming across as fascinating and funny and yay, intelligent! I'm the kind who would be googling for meaning of words and phrases as I chat, and I'm ashamed to admit that there were so many times that the words I'd wanted to use didn't mean what I thought they did, and when that happens, it all the more makes me not want to speak in real life, because what if I used all the wrong words and bring shame to my familyyy.

Drama aside, I had a good day today. It's quite something when introverts find each other. I played career counselor to some young cikus. I'm far from qualified of course. I only have my age going for me, and my jaded view of life, and my non-ambitiousness. I hope they didn't see through that. But chatting with them really made my day!

Side-tracking, Leehom is holding a concert here in September. And I realised that I wasn't sure if I want to go. On one hand, that would mean that I'd cross off my "Attend one concert" list for this year, but on the other hand... I'm afraid it'd just be Music Man 2 Part 2 again. I don't see the point of that. But anyway, the fan club is doing pre-order but there's no special discount which means that I could decide later. Plus I'm looking forward to Beijing in September too! One thing that would help make a decision is if he would release a new album before then.

It's hard for me to admit that my passion for LH is waning. It's just me returning to the kind of music lover that I was previously -- the lyrics kind. And his, sadly, didn't really stick. Maybe that's why I was so into Em in my withdrawal stage haha.. I also think what happened with Leehom was that I genuinely overdosed on him. I should have paced myself, but hello, tell a fangirl that and she'd stare right back at you blankly. So yeah, right now let's say I'm in between fangirling.

Change topic. I don't know how not to get riled up at every other thing. Especially those things happening locally that you read in the newspaper. I just can't fathom.. argh! I don't want to do this now. If I were an Avenger, I'd totally be the Hulk. Boo hoo.

Anyway, I was looking for my Friday anthem, and I settled on Mae. I wish they had made it big, they are so talented! But so was everyone else I guess. Sigh~ Listening to them always bring me so much feels. Xoxo.



Mae - We're So Far Away

Remembering, everything, about my world and when you came
Wondering, the change you’d bring, means nothing else would be the same
Did you know, what you were doing, did you know?
Did you know how you would move me? Well, I don’t really think so
But the night came down and swept us away, and the stars they seemed to paint the most elaborate scene today

How could we know? that song, this show, we'd learn so much about ourselves
From Toledo, to Tokyo, the words were scribbled on every page, and now there’s books up on our shelves
Did you know how you would move us, did you know?
When the lights first came upon us and we saw The Everglow
And the moment's magic swept us away and the young mans dream was almost seen so plain.

When was the night that showed us the sign?
Revealed in the sky, to leave all behind
But where to begin? throwing caution to the wind,
We reached for the stars, everything was now ours.

Did you know how you would move me, did you know?
Did you know how you would move me? well, I don’t even think so.
but the moment's magic swept us away and it’s so close, but we’re so far away

It’s so close, but we’re so far away

No comments:

Post a Comment