Friday, May 16, 2014

It's late afternoon on a Friday, and so far it's been a no-frills day of conversations that didn't really hold and a press release waiting to be written. Speaking of which, I should get to it. Here's my song for the day. Ah Jon, you could do no wrong in my eyes. *heart*




Been fighting things that I can't see, like voices coming from the inside of me and
Like doing things I find hard to believe in, am I myself or am I dreaming?
I've been awake for an hour or so, checking for a pulse but I just don't know
Am I a man when I feel like a ghost? The stranger in the mirror is wearing my clothes

No, I'm not alright, I know that I'm not right
A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive
No, I'm not alright, I know that I'm not right
Feel like I travel but I never arrive, I wanna thrive not just survive


I come alive when I hear you singing, But lately I haven't been hearing a thing and
I get the feeling that I'm in between, a machine and a man who only looks like me
I try and hide it and not let it show, but deep down inside me I just don't know
Am I a man when I feel like a hoax? The stranger in the mirror is wearing my clothes

Switchfoot :: Thrive

No comments:

Post a Comment