Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sunday evening ramblings

The Malaysia vs Japan Thomas Cup final is on right now, and I'm too kan cheong to watch. So I'm listening to the faint commentary from the TV in the living room from my bedroom, and maybe I'll go down every now and then to check the score. I don't deal with this kinda stress well haha, plus although I shouldn't think this, I feel my watching would jinx my favorite team.

***
I'm listening to cover versions of Japanese anime tunes by one particular YouTuber. For some reason, it feels appropriate haha! Am I subconsciously for the Japs? Not in the least. But the songs are calming, the dude's got a great voice.

Did you know that I have a Japanese name? It's 朝子 (Asako, lit. child of the morning, yes, a misnomer to the max haha but wait, I was born in the morning so it's kinda apt). My Jap teacher gave it to me back when I was 14 - everyone in class got one. I also remember there was this tall dude with the MOST PERFECT handwriting, be it his kanji, hiragana, katakana and even his roman alphabet. Don't remember his face or his name (mm Alex?) though.

But imagine that, once upon a time, I was able to string basic Japanese sentences. How about that! :)

***
I haven't read for months, and it sucks. I don't know where my reading mojo went, but I've hardly touched any books for so long I can't remember the last book I was reading. Sigh~ I'm so sorry booksies.

***
The score so far: Chong Wei bagged us the first point with a straight win over the Jap first single player. The doubles are playing, and they have won the first set, but trailing in the second. I can't take this!!

***
Oh let me story you about the ah long (illegal creditors) nuisance that has been plaguing my brothers since last week. My bro got a nasty welcome home gift when he got back to JB from our baby bro's KL wedding, in form of two cans of red and yellow paint splashed onto the porch area. There was a 2-piece note with the targeted victim's IC photo and another of the electricity bill bearing the previous owner's name to show us that he got the right house. So my bros made a police report and put up notices on the gate to tell the ah long that they got the wrong person. My sil even texted the fella to let him know, but whaddya you, he won't believe it. And let typed a long string of curses upon the family wtf. Nak kan aku fly down to JB, look the fella up and wring his puny neck. Grrrr.. Okay I can't do anything but get riled up, and that's so frustrating! The latest news is that their new neighbor is also "in the business", and my bros have spoken to him and he said that the amount (RM3k) is too little for regular ah long to be bothered with paint job so ergh I don't know if he's gonna help. Please stay tuned for updates.

***
So we lost the first doubles. The hubby thinks we're going to lose. NOOOOOO! I don't know what's going on at the match. I'll just wait for the final results to be out. *takes a deep breath*

***
My boss wants to see me tmrw for me to update him on the department's activities and progress. While he's a great guy, we don't interact often, and that makes me gelabah gila. I think I'm pretty sensitive to comments, and I'm sure whatever that's going to be said will be replayed in head for a while.

***
Annnd we lost the second single. But there's hope yet so don't give up, team!!

***
Woot, 2-2! OH MY HEART. Could this be? Or.... Argh. SO KAN CHEONG. I don't have a good feeling about this, BUT one should hope! Brr..

***
I brought myself to watch the final set. It was intense. It was nail biting. I thought my heart almost stopped. It was awesome. And it didn't hurt that Ueda is cute! :D

***
My FB status says it all: So close, yet so far. Good game, everyone! Congrats Japan woot! A well-deserved win. Thanks for trying your best, Team Malaysia!

Good night, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment