Friday, June 20, 2014

Wholesome Threesome: Penang edition

So we had a blast in Penang (and Alor Setar, where J grew up). S was an excellent guide - I love how adventurous she was on her own, and we reaped so much from that. I don't know how to articulate it, but the trip was.. very balanced. Maybe it's an odd choice of word, but it was. We had a bit of everything, old and new, street to cafe to restaurant food, east and west, quiet moments and loud conversations, man-made architecture and nature's glorious handiwork.. and I left Penang sad, but so enriched, so loved, so accepted. It was a very balanced trip.



Switchfoot - Souvenirs

Here’s to the twilight, here’s to the memories
these are my souvenirs, my mental pictures of everything
Here’s to the late nights, here’s to the firelight
these are my souvenirs, my souvenirs

~

Here’s to your bright eyes, shining like fireflies
these are my souvenirs, the memory of a lifetime
we were wide-eyed with everything
everything around us
we were enlightened by everything
everything

---
I don't know if I should apologise for the brevity of this post. It's not because the trip wasn't great, in fact, it was so overwhelmingly awesome that I struggle for words to describe how I feel. Hence, this post is merely for posterity and date keeping. I think I'll just leave the memories in my heart to keep it warm for all days. :*

No comments:

Post a Comment