Friday, July 11, 2014

Alice.

I love me a serendipitous find, and I love that I found Alice. I love how it sounds ethereal and poignant at the same time, like a beautiful sadness of sort.. and the words evokes a kind of wistfulness that I can't quite put my finger on, so yeah, this has been driving me blithely loopy this whole week.

I'm not sure if the title is based on Alice in Wonderland (there's a footnote in the video description that indicates such, but I don't know if it was just an opinion or if the author meant it that way) but I was drawn to the video by the name alone.. Growing up, AiW was one of my fav books, and even though I pretended to get flustered when people teased me by that name, I've always felt an affinity to it. I don't suppose this song has to do with her though, the lyrics tell of a different story, and based on the author's description about the song, it's something like this:
There are two of them, let's call them A (girl) and B (boy). It's a song from B's point of view, who's keeping an eye on A. I don't know if A realized B's feelings. They are always together, helping or counting on each other when facing troubles, but somehow they are not able to be in love with each other. And B did reckless things, and lost many things.—

Such is the story. I think that there are many people who have experienced this in them. And if you heard a sigh in this song, it means you have an experience which had passed your own happy summer.

Make what you want of that. Btw if you think that the singer sounds like a robot, it's because she is. The singer, Hatsune Miku (初音ミク), according to wiki "is a humanoid persona voiced by a singing synthesizer application developed by Crypton Future Media, headquartered in Sapporo city..." And she is personified as a 16-year-old girl with long turquoise pigtails, like this ----------------------------->

I think she's cute and I could see her appeal and if I had the chance I would like to attend one of her concerts (yes) just for the kick of it. I like robot machine android thingamagic. What's not to like about them? Predictable, efficient, objective, cold as iced cola on a hot sunny day what? Hmm, I think it's the same reasons I like cities. Blocks after blocks of dour, stately facades with a million stories behind their walls. Err what? And I can't explain this, but it's also why I'm for Germany this World Cup. Haha, let's move on before I lose you completely.

S said something yesterday that almost got me saying YES! out loud - "Sometimes I think my heart will burst from having too much feels." That's my exact thought, esp every time I ber-emo and ber-drama. How I wish I were a robot sometimes! I don't trust emotions too much cos I've seen the damage they could inflict and yet I'm brimming to the rim with so much feels I don't know what to do with them! If only it's transferable, I think the hub could use with a good dose =) But how terribly dull life would be without a good shot of zealous passion every now and then kan? I think I'll take leave now, right after I say amen! to Adam's quote below. =)



Romaji

Toi, toi, waraenai hanashi
Itsuka, boku ga inakunatta nara
Fukai, fukai mori ni ochita
Kimi wa hitori de yukundaze

Tsunaida te ni wa yawaraka na taion
Nigitta yubi ga yururi, hodoketara
Kareta neiro no kane ga naru
Kimi wa hitori de yukundaze

Sono mama futari ayunde hitori
Usotsuku koe mo mou taedae ni
Utsumuki futari kage ga hitotsu
Boku mo hitori de yukundaze?

Kimi wa awai koi ni ochita
Takai takai gake ni saku hana
"Todokanai naa." Wakatteru kuse ni
Kondo wa hitori de yukundaze

Toi, toi, waraenai hanashi
Itsuka, boku ga inakunatta nara
Fukai, fukai mori ni ochita
Kimi wa hitori de yukundaze

Sore kara hitori aruite hitori
Usotsuku koto mo mou tsukareta.
Utsumuki hitori kogane no heya
Kimi to futari de itandaze

Boku wa fukai mori ni ochita.
Kuroku susukete yogoreta kajitsu
Sore de owari sore dake no hanashi
Kimi wa hitori de yukundaze
English

A long, long time ago, in a tragedy
If ever comes a day that I go away
Deeper and deeper into the forest I'll fall
From that moment on, you’ll go alone

Feeling a warm temperature in the hands we hold
If ever comes a day they gently unfold
A dry bell will sound echoing on its own
From that moment on, you’ll go alone

For we are two of a kind, when we walk, we are one
The sound lies being told disappear like the sun
And now we both bow our heads, only a single shadow
Didn’t you know that I was also going alone?

You fell into love of a gentle kind
With a flower on top of a high, high cliff
“It’s so hard to reach”, I know you know
So this time, you’ll have to go alone

A long, long time ago, in a tragedy
If ever comes a day that I go away
Deeper and deeper into the forest I'll fall
From that moment on, you’ll go alone

And I am one of a kind, when I walk, I am alone
I’ve grown weary of lying to the bone
Now I bow my head in this golden room
I was here with you, and now it’s gone too soon

In a forest deep, I sank and I knew
I’m a charred and dirty forsaken fruit
And that is the end, there’s nothing more to recount
From this moment on, you’ll go alone

No comments:

Post a Comment