Tuesday, July 29, 2014

wild kitty appeared!

I was lying on the living room floor watching an anime on my laptop when my eyes caught something blurry running passed the couch to my right. For some reason I thought it was a cat, but I dismissed it quickly as that didn't seem plausible. There was a cat in the show so I thought I was imagining things.. and continued watching my show.

Suddenly, there was the movement again, and lo and behold, it was a kitten! In my house! I must have been as surprised as it was. It surveyed me for a few seconds and made a sudden run out to my porch and underneath my car. Like Alice, I went after the White Rabbit but because I didn't want to startle it further, I just sat at my doorstep and meowed softly trying to mimic it.

It didn't seem scared, and was running around my car, occasionally clawing at the tyre as it would a scratching post. It kept eyeing me with those big eyes, cautiously perhaps, but didn't make any attempt to run away. In fact, it would come very close each time I held out my hand, and it'd stop short and take a step back. We danced around like this for a while, so I think it was just being playful.

I thought it might be hungry so I went looking for something it could nibble on. It hungrily nom-ed what I gave it so I went a few times back into the kitchen to find whatever scraps of food I could feed it with. Too bad I didn't have much.

Anyway, after a while, I had to leave the house for dinner and when I got home, it was no longer there. I wonder if it would come back. If it does, I wonder if it would be mine. Ah, thanks kitty for warming my heart. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment