Wednesday, December 24, 2014

another cul-de-sac.

I find it amazing that I still blog. Almost everyone I knew who has a blog when I published my first post has long given up their digital pen. Personally I don't even follow any blog anymore. I used to read from Google Reader without fail each day, but I guess they foresaw that blogs are dying when they shut the site down eighteen months ago (that's 18 million years in internet age). I hopped over to another another feed aggregator, but I somehow stopped reading blogs around the same time. Now it's all Medium, Buzzfeed, HuffPost, TheMalaysianInsider, Cilisos, Bored Panda and what not, with the occasional posts from Jamie and Caleb.. and once in a while when J mentions it, Uncle Beck. So I guess, blog is dead?

I'll leave it to the social media commentators to debate on that, I just wanna "announce" that I'll be closing this blog soon, in 7 days to be exact. Butttt... it's not like I'm going to stop writing though. It's just that I found myself another new place, and I'll post the link up at the strike of midnight when 2014 ends. So yeah, no drama here. :)

But wow. I can't believe that I've been blogging for ten years *snap fingers* just like that. But given that my blog is not very different from my diary, as a matter of fact, it's practically the same thing in different format, it's not very surprising la, I've been journaling since I was a wee lass anyway. I want to capture these mini moments so that I won't lose myself when I get older. It's meant to supplement my Facebook presence. And Twitter. And Instagram. Haha, social media wasn't even a word when I started blogging. Gosh, confirm dinosaur haha! 

Anyway, I have really liked it here. I don't think I'm an interesting person, but this is me. The good side, at least. Thanks for reading and keeping quiet. I don't need to know who you are lest I get too self-conscious when writing, but I'm happy to see the pageview counter number rising albeit slowly. So yeah, thanks.. and come join me at my new blog? :)


Read my previous blog closing note: cul-de-sac

No comments:

Post a Comment