Friday, May 20, 2011

about a week back i was pigging out at a homely birthday celebration when the host, a kindly uncle who i've met only for the first time that evening, said to me, "you are such a joyful girl! that laughter is really something... :)"

(ok, he didn't have the smiley emoticon on his face, but he might as well have :D)

simultaneously, i:
  • giggled at that remark, naturally hehe..
  • thought about the volume and suddenness of my laughter which sometimes surprises even me, and some embarrassing moments when heads are turned my directions in public places when i "burst out" without warning, to which i would buat bodoh like nothing's happened of course *blush* :D 
  • heard the Play button in my head being pressed to play this song..
you do it for the joy it brings
because you're a joyful girl
because the world owes me nothing
and we owe each other the world
I do it cause it's the least I can do
I do it cause I learned it from you
I do it just because I want to
just because I want to

soulive feat. dave matthews band :: joyful girl (ani difranco cover)

1 comment:

  1. so next time you come again please make sure you have a steady production of 'canned laughter' ready to roll ya. for the sake of your tummy :D

    ReplyDelete