Sunday, May 15, 2011

I did a double take when I saw some of myself in you. For one, I never liked you much. But we, we never quite like us, do we? I only lack ruthlessness that is your weapon should you choose to wield, that digging efforts in me would be largely futile.. but it's not saying that I lack the propensity, just the will power or the mental acuity to exploit its potential. For that, I am grateful.. but I wonder if I could find another outlet, to build not burn.


Monday found me on my knees again
breathing you in
to blur the lines that mark where I begin
and where you end
no use in trying to pretend
come take me again
cause rumor has it I'm not who I've been
come define me

what can we do
if the rumors are true?

switchfoot :: I turn everything over



No comments:

Post a Comment