Thursday, April 11, 2013

a pet project

I would very much like to write a script or a screenplay based on Leehom's songs, ala We Will Rock You (a musical based on rock band Queen's songs), Mamma Mia (a musical and then a movie from ABBA's repertoire), or Across the Universe (movie/The Beatles). He has 14 full-length albums todate (and another one coming up soon :) which means more than enough material for me to attempt this. Maybe I could get him to actually star in it, if this ever crosses the finish line. Ah, to dreams that keep us alive... *winks

LH is a Nikon brand ambassador. Hehe..
Having never done anything like that before (the longest I've ever written was probably something in this blog)(or my so-called undergraduate thesis), I didn't know where to start. According to this, the first thing I gotta do pin down the main idea.

Since he has so many ballads, a love story seems the natural choice (although I honestly can't stand most of the movie offerings in this genre hahah)(which is why this story has to be something a bit unconventional, like [500] Days of Summer or Silver Linings Playbook)(I would love to come up with something like those)(who am I kidding). Mm I like psychological thrillers too, but I'd probably have to sell my soul to pull something like that off, so let's just stick to what's simple huh? (Did I just offend a buncha romance writers? Haha!)

I have a couple of ideas that are swirling in my head but I have no idea what to do with them. And that's all I'm going to (or, could) say for now. Until it's done. Like when kingdom come. Yeah, thereabout. Maybe someone else can take this and run with it. Anyone? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment