Tuesday, July 2, 2013

collapsible lung

This is a good, nay, GREAT year, and I say that because most of my favorite bands and singers have been or are releasing new albums! OH JOYYYYYYY!!!! :D

I've just downloaded Relient K's Collapsible Lung, which is my third full album purchase this year, after Khalil Fong's Back to Wonderland and David Tao's recent Hello Goodbye.

I don't really need to say that I love this album right? I'm a good if not die-hard fan.. so of course it's good hahaha! But really, I'm lovin' the upbeat melodies of Don't Blink, Lost Boy, Collapsible Lung and That's My Jam (all of which were previously released on youtube). And everything else are sounding good too. ^_^ I haven't checked the lyrics yet, so I could be wrong in saying that some of the witticism and word play they are known for aren't so prominent this time around (first impression). Mattie has always have a way with words which was how I got hooked with a punk rock band that has apparently gone pop (M has said that their next album will be rock if not punk rock :) I've also read that songs that reflect their Christian faith are not found, so I thought that's quite a bummer cos those that they have written have always been my favorites :(

With that too, I can't shake off the sadness for the departure of their drummer EL right before the album was released, and the news of the other two members (bassist JW and guitarist JS) not joining in the tour. I don't know what that's all about, and maybe in not knowing I tend to imagine the worst. M, this had better not be your doing! :(

anyways, after this, I'll be anticipating Switchfoot's Fading West which is coming out soon (there's an album AND a movie, omg so much awesomeness!) and Leehom's in the studio between his movie takes recording for a new album. this fangirl cannot ask for moar.. MOARRRRR!! hehehe.. sorry for my state of delirium.. wait, I'm not sorry. I'm soooo excited I can't sit still.

a good year indeed.


#update: love the pop rock tunes, but the lyrics quality leaves much to be desired. i think M could do so, so much better. because he has done it before. i am disappoint. i'm enjoying the album without listening to the words. which isn't cool in my book. not cool at all. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment