Friday, July 12, 2013

heroes unrivaled.

This song is probably the epitome of Leehom's chinked out style. It has a great mix of rock, hip hop and Beijing opera, and was sung in English, Mandarin and a smack of Cantonese, with two singers, one Beijing opera master.. all that in one song! The chinaman in me will surely agree that it's great value for money haha!

One of my first few impressions of this song came from this music video from his Music Man concert (which imho is better than the official MV)(sorry Leehom, but I think many of your MVs aren't very interesting), and I was pretty blown away. I've replayed this song in my car so many times to learn to sing all its parts. Super love it! :D

Before I start, the title of the song is 蓋世英雄 which literally translates to Unrivaled/Matchless Hero, but Leehom chose to translate it as Heroes of the Earth, and the heroes he referred to were the musical masters that he looked up to. On to the song now...



#5 蓋世英雄

Yo come on come on come on
大家一起說一次 蓋世英雄到來
Homeboy Production 力宏 項羽 My homboy Jin
Yo come on come on come on
Everyone say it together now "The heroes of the earth are here"
Homeboy Production Leehom Xiang Yu My homboy Jin
迫不及待看見我的未來(看見我的) 對什麼都看開
蓋世英雄真的到來(蓋世英雄到來)
迫不及待看見我的未來(看見我的) 對什麼都期待
蓋世英雄站上舞台(世界是舞台)
Eagerly awaiting my future, I'm open to anything
The heroes of the earth are really coming
Eagerly awaiting my future, I'm anticipating everything
The heroes of the earth are taking to the stage
我出門了載四個哥兒們兒們 鍍鉻輪框24吋
今晚我的目的明確 帶Chinked-out到全世界
加入了京劇(jingju)崑曲(kunqu) Hip-hop進入新的格局 (geju)
新的突破 新的曲風 才有新的蓋世英雄
I'm out with my four homies, (cruising in) 24-inch chrome rims
Tonight my purpose is clear: to introduce chinked-out to the whole world
Mixing in Beijing opera and kunqu, hip hop's entering a new structure
New breakthrough, new style, only then there will be heroes of earth

把收音機開最大聲 聽見的聲音又是武生
道白的共鳴又最流行 要模仿他 真的不容易
他的唱法獨一無二 這種藝術屬一屬二
希望幫助全世界的華人 唱出大家的心聲(我們大家的心聲)
Crank up the volume of your radio, what you hear is the sound of martial arts coming to life
The resonance of the operatic lines is again all the rage, and it's no mean feat to be mimicked
The way it's sung is unequalled, this form of art ranks top
I hope it would help all the Chinese around the world in singing out their hearts' contents

霸氣傲中原 王者揚烽煙
力拔山河天 宏威征凱旋
(Beijing opera line)(I have no idea what they mean, so I got the translation from here:)
The tyrant’s pride takes the field, the ruler raises the signal fire
Pulling at the homeland, the heroes risk prestige to attack and return triumphantly
迫不及待看見我的未來 對什麼都看開
蓋世英雄真的到來 (蓋世英雄到來)
迫不及待看見我的未來 對什麼都期待 蓋世英雄站上舞台
(呦 一位蓋世英雄要上台了 歐陽靖你在哪兒 All yours, baby)
Eagerly awaiting to see my future, I'm open to anything
The heroes of the earth are really coming
Eagerly awaiting my future, I'm anticipating everything
The heroes of the earth are taking to the stage
(A hero is now taking to the stage: Ouyang Jin, where are you?)
I'm here let's go 
Yo it's Jin and Leehom, it feels good to be home 
I've got the skills to be known so Imma chill on my throne 
yes, I keeps it blazing from Shanghai out to Beijing
stop in Taiwan back to Hong Kong where they start doing they thing
this is something special, my culture's is so contagious
they wanna know about us, we been around for ages
a couple thousand years, a bunch of pioneers
just artists and scholars making noise, it was loud and clear
hey yo, the future's here, the revolution's near
Jin's got the solution for the pollution in your ear
switch it up:

唔使問 你實同意 做英雄 係唔容易
(不用問 你得同意 做英雄 是不容易)
But yo, you ain't gotta take it from me
Just listen close to 李老師
Don't bother asking, you'll surely agree, that it's not easy being a hero
But yo, you ain't gotta take it from me
Just listen close to Teacher Li

(Repeat Beijing opera lines and chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment