Friday, July 26, 2013

It's Friday evening, and if my quick calculation is anything to go by, this is approximately the 1,805th Friday of my life. Wow, that's a lot of Fridays. And by statistics, I should have another 1,805 more to go. This is, after all, mid-life. But that sounds nice. To have close to two thousand Fridays more to enjoy. Close to two thousand more weekends in my life.

I was born on a Monday. I can't remember if I was an AM child, or a PM child. AM if I'm not mistaken (no idea how I ended up such a night owl!). So I came into this world wailing and flailing about, just as everyone was dreading the start of the week. I'm assuming of course, this aversion to Monday has been around for at least that long. Or was that another time that people lived in?

I'm waiting for traffic to ease up before heading home. Pleased with the predictability. Looking out through the slit between the window and blinds to a hazy view of the city; thought that it's not unlike peering into my mind. Wondering why the rain didn't wash away the blanket of dust.

I think I'm gonna take a quick shut eye (yes, in the office). Happy weekend! :)

2 comments:

  1. Monday's child is fair of face,
    Tuesday's child is full of grace,
    Wednesday's child is full of woe,
    Thursday's child has far to go,
    Friday's child is loving and giving,
    Saturday's child works hard for a living,
    But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
    Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

    >> No wonder we are so good looking ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh you are Monday baby too :D ya man, we're drop dead gorgeous.. not. :P

      Delete