Tuesday, July 23, 2013

wiki n00b

I created my first Wikipedia page today w00t! ^__^

On a whim, I joined Wiki yesterday, and dabbled by editing a couple of entries (specifically, the last sentence here and this). I had actually wanted to edit Leehom's entry to add that bit about his Oxford Union speech (how he was the first Chinese pop singer to speak there), but apparently his page is semi-protected (because he's really popular = prone to vandalism)(inaccessible to me because I'm newly registered), so I went to potter about in the bios of the next two famous people I know something about: Brendan and David.

Today, I thought I'd go a step further, sooo.. ta-dah! I created a page for David's new album here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_Goodbye_(album)
I would like to add more things to the page, but erm, I can't find much more news about the album in English, so the page is pretty sparse. Still, it was a good practice for me. :)

btw, a trivia bit: as you know, I'm a huge fan and user of Wikipedia (who isn't?) and Quora, and what does these two sites have in common? Jimmy Wales! Jimmy is of course the founder of Wiki and also an advisor and small time (his words) investor in Quora.

update 26-Jul: yay, I finally got access to add in that line in Leehom's profile. *beams*


update 2-Aug: I've been making more edits to Leehom's profile. Check them out on this revision history page, for amendments done under my handle sillellis ;)

2 comments:

  1. ... and here I am... copy, pasting and using templates at my job :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C'mon, look at that page. I didn't write anything new la. Just put some info together :)

      Delete