Monday, February 22, 2010

grrr...
i was pretty angsty this morn. been so for a good part of the week.. the month? i don't know. ranted on and on to bom bom as we shared about church and christians and everything in between. traded war stories on obnoxious members and half hearted pew warmers. i've actually a pretty lengthy nasty post typed out.. but i'll let that simmer for a while. shdn't post things so impulsively kan. i'm still in a pissy mood la..


burrp!
lunched at mandarin oriental today, courtesy of the company. the buffet spread was quite nice, but i wasn't adventurous.. went two rounds for the mains, and came back twice with almost the same stuff on my plate: sashimi, grilled prawns and lamb, arugula and romaine salad with smoked salmon.. mm that's about it. loved the greens.. my colon needed it after the meat fest that was CNY. hehe.. the dessert spread was quite nice. shared with sophia almost everything they had to offer. a special mention of the nian gao (a sticky chinese dessert[?] fried with a light batter) and ice cream (can't rber but the ones i tried had some pretty exquisite names).

post-CNY diet is SO ON. my pants won't talk to me til i drop some pounds. FINE.


whee!
i managed to gather a bunch of people to part with their hard earned money to go to the musical chongy is starring in (see poster below). quite proud of myself. *self pat* some of them do not know each other, except for me and/or chongy. gonna buy the tics tomorrow (for next Tue 2-Mar 8.30pm @KLPAC if anyone's interested! RM28 only. dai dou lan lahh ;), before these ppl change their minds.. haha.. i'm suddenly nervous that the tics would be sold out. :S

this reminded me of my Mount KK trip -- i somehow talked a group of strangers (to each other but me) into going on that grueling journey. admittedly it felt a little awkward but there were some cool ppl in the group who made things easier (i guess i was good at asking but poor at planning itinerary). anyways, if they liked me enough to agree to that, it just meant that they are great ppl la.. :) not saying that this would turn out to be like that, hahaha, but it sounds fun. meet new ppl mar.

kinda :( though thinking about the "fishes that got away" (friends who couldn't make it.. lol i dunno why i called you guys that). i sincerely wish you all could have made it. no, i don't get any commission because apparently, according to the cheeky thespian, our friendship *is* my commission. -__-"





oohh..
i can't divulge much here but i had a very interesting (fun, rather) conversation with J re a common acquaintance, who happens to know a certain friend of mine who's involved in the musical above. hahaha.. what can i say, it's a small world after all. and if a certain other arrangement work out, we'll all be.. happy. LOL!


sighh..
life. i've so much to say. going through a very cynical phase in my life if you don't know that already from what i've written. and the more i read, the more i listen, the more i know, the more discouraged i become. Ecclesiates Part Deux, i am thy scribe.

i'm barely hanging on by the threads of hope rooted in my faith.

When my heart was grieved
and my spirit embittered,
I was senseless and ignorant;
I was a brute beast before you.

Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.

Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

[psalm 73:21-26]

1 comment:

  1. On grrr...
    Yes, grrrrr!! Hahahaha!

    On sigh..
    But it's a reality that we've realised. Can it be reversed? I highly doubt so. The sky's dropping on our heads! Haha!

    ReplyDelete