Saturday, September 29, 2012

more Melbourne moments: Great Ocean Road

this should be my last batch of Melbourne trip-related photos. all that i have posted here were taken with my iPhone. the rest which were taken by the digital camera are in the other laptop, and i suspect they will not see the light of facebook or here. because i am too lazy to want to do it. :D


typical Aussie motto: recycle ALL the things!! old fishing line included. this bin was found near a pier. 

the first kangaroo we saw. it was a relatively small-sized one, as were all the ones we saw.. i wonder where the huge ones were. in the zoo perhaps.

the emu looks camouflaged eh? :)

i found the candor of this sign amusing, hilarious even. hehe... 
taken at the Twelve Apostles.


at Lorne, one of our many many many stops. :) the grass was so green and inviting, so i tried rolling on it. but erm it wasn't as easy as i thought it would be. not as fun either. so i stopped very soon after i started. :D 

baby acorn. i think.

at port fairy. sigh. i'm missing GOR all over again.

this is a direction marker for hikers. it was a circular route and at the starting point, you can choose to go from left or right. these markers are found along the way to guide you. 
i took this pic because i find the "face" amusing (yes, i'm easily amused). it reminds me of the Easter Island head statues.


this is another amusing photo. it's like "suddenly, mountain!" 

i think this is the first photo of us from that trip that i posted here. there were very few of such photos, primarily cos the husband detests having his photos taken (-_-") this was taken atop the lighthouse at Aireys Inlet. we paid AUD12/pax for a 30-min guided tour. i think it was pricey, for what the tour was worth. gorgeous view of the ocean though. :)

since he doesn't like to pose for the camera, i have to resort to taking his photos without his knowledge. win-win for the two of us. :) 

this was back in town, at the botanical garden. sorry for digressing from the post title.
i love what autumn does to trees. bereft of leaves, what's left of a tree is a sight to behold. :D

this could have been my favourite photo of myself, had i not "lost" my left arm. i love that striped top (from Esprit), and when i bought it, i knew i was gonna wear it specifically during this stretch of the trip. hehe. this was taken at Port Campbell, our lunch stop for the day after spending a couple of good hours at the 12 Apostles. 

it wasn't always the coastline allll the way along the GOR, sometimes we were greeted by longgggg stretches of grazing fields. Aussie farm animals must be the happiest of the lot. so much space for them to roam about. 

sheep! they are so cute! i giggle every time we drove past them. tee hee.

baa~ baa~ white sheep, have you any wool?

yes sir, yes sir, many bags full!

psalm 23, naturally. :D

the Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
he makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.
he guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.
even though I walk through the darkest valley, 
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
you prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

a bronze statue of a shearer and his sheep, right in Melbourne airport. this was the last photo i took before we flew home........ awwwwww, i miss Melbie so muchie! rarely does a city so this to me. so to end this series of picture, i would like quote a famous Austrian-accented cyborg: 

I'll be back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment