Monday, June 24, 2013

WongFu X Leehom



D and I plan to watch this video many more times over so that we could reenact the skit some day. I'm going for Ted's part. Ted's hilarious! We haven't decided who would be Leehom yet. Or Phil, or Wes. I loved watching every moment of Leehom in this! (why yes, my middle name is Obvious. and also Procrastination :-\) I hope this is the start of more such collaborations.. Thanks, guys! ^_^

Some random observations:
  • I wonder why they called LH "Greg" instead of "Alex". Everyone else was using their real names, and since they were parodying Leehom as a version of himself, "Alex" would have been better (LH's rarely-used official English name is Alexander). Maybe Greg is his baptism name or something, like Alexander Gregory Wang Lee Hom. :P
  • They took off their shoes in the house (3:47). How Asian is that! :)
  • What's up with Leehom's fringe? I thought it was a wee bit distracting. :P
  • What's up with the poodle (2:30)? I wonder if it came with the house (which btw is rented via airbnb - LH has said that since he was in LA for a good six weeks to film his movie with Michael Mann, it made more economical sense to rent a house than a 5-star hotel room. So thoughtful right?) 
  • Loved the bloopers at the end, esp where LH unconsciously picked the poodle up. 
  • Ted's lines + delivery were hilarious too! Can't wait for the Behind the Scenes! ^_^
  • I wish there was a flashback to how they had parted ways since they  implied that the breakup hadn't happen too smoothly. That would have made this awesome-r.
  • D and I thought that "THEY CAN HOVER!" (5:10) was the best line in the vid! 
Btw I'm back from Singapore! Alas, it was too short a trip. Enjoyed every moment of it, even when I had to be offline the whole time (was too busy to be online :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment