Friday, January 1, 2010

h00t!

i like it when recording artists put an effort into their album covers (which is one reason why despite switchfoot's the beautiful letdown being one of my fav albums, i still do not own it. the copy i have now is someone's bootleg copy :P i have their subsequent albums though :P) my personal fav is mae's the everglow. :) methinks an aesthetically appealing cover makes owning the album all the more special.. :)

album cover :: sleeping at last - storyboards
(nicked from the pirates)


i bought a pair of owl earrings from hatyai. and a pair of cats too. =) i love earrings. if you are stumped as to what to buy me (should the need for gift-giving arise), just get me a pair. =)

the ones i have are not these, but something like them la.
(i think i'll wear them to watch night service tonite :)


i might be outgrowing owl city, but his peter pan persona still draws me to him. i am forever grateful for his electro-pop tunes with imaginative (silly? :) lyricism that has lifted my soul during some of the darkest days of my life. you might not know how songs you composed in the basement of your owatonna home has made the day of someone half a world away who was struggling with her identity and self-worth, so from the bottom of my heart: thanks, dude! :)


for more owlism, stalk him on twitter.

update @1-Jan 2:53am ::
tim got me owl city's ocean eyes for xmas!! whee! ^_____^ thanks, timmmm! =)



Note: This was published on Dec 31, 2009 7:05PM.. I'm moving it to Jan 1, 2010. Just because. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment