Monday, January 4, 2010

Uniltìrantokx*



maybe i had expected a little too much that my virgin 3D movie outing would completely knock me off my socks, that turning to the empty seat beside me in the theater would find me a Na'vi giving me the Vulcan salute or something like that.. but, nopesirree. Avatar didn't do it for me much, that i'm actually kinda indifferent abt it (but 'different' enough to write).

sure the visuals were stunning - esp the luminescent night scenes in the jungle.. makes me want to jump on the next ship and sail to Pandora, run through the thickets to just soak in the majestic shades of Eywa.

i think what dragged it down was the very 2D, tiresome and somewhat preachy storyline. maybe it's because of the industry i'm working in, but the stereotypical greedy, evil corporations vs gentle natives battle bored me. and the girl-meets-boy story, so predictable, so pochahontas -- you could see how it from a mile away. then again, james cameron did write Titanic and didn't we all cringe at the cheesy lines jack and rose had to utter? he's big on small details, and with that, he forgot to pack plot in his lunch bag.




see it if you must, but me prescribe a kettle of bromance instead -- go watch sherlock holmes. again. :)



* that's "Avatar" in the Na'vi language. i dare not risk tongue cramp to pronounce it, but you may try. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment