Friday, January 1, 2010

¡feliz año nuevo!

happy new year, peeps. and welcome to my new virtual home. if something looks familiar, it's cos this has the same layout as my prev home, just wayyy greener (it's my other fav color, other than black.. and purple.. and..)

i was deciding between purple and green, and settled on green cos i kinda like the backgrd pic above.. =) also, blogger has very limited designs to choose from and that the free ones floating about always have some kinda annoying bugs hence i've decided to stick to the true-and-tested-but-boring designs.

so, about this blog.

sillellis is the palindromic form of my name if you can't see that already, with "sille" read to sound like 'silly' which is what i am. stories of my folly would make you feel real good about yourself, but i won't share 'em all here. need to maintain some form of dignity, whatever that meant.. ;)

work in progress is an acknowledgment that God is not done with me yet. it's WIP unto death. or until he comes again. whichever. :) i don't know how others do it - living - but i'm fumbling my way through.. but not unaided, of course - life's too perilous a journey to be travelled alone.

anyways, as i was putting this blog together, i'd thoughts along these lines:

for we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. when I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. when I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

1 cor 13:9-11

i hope this blog will chart my leaving of my childish way and growing up.. or would it continue to record my puerile deeds? aish. time will tell.

so anyways...

it's the new year!

2010. 20_1o! it's very crazy and very cliche, but time flies!!! doesn't matter if i was busy or idle, time just went merrily went on its way. catching up is hard to doooo..

oh well.

i'm expecting 2010 to be a tough year. on the horizon are bucketload of changes, grueling "holding a mirror to the face" exercises, a mess of frayed nerves and knots of clenched fists. why so serious? *cue eerie laugh* ... cos life's like that!

i'm reposting this song, cos i don't really know another song abt the NY (other than switchfoot, which i've already used twice), and also, it's kinda what i'm feeling: kinda flustered about what's lost, yet indifferent about what's going on. maybe not.

so this is the new year
and i don't feel any different
the clanking of crystal
explosions off in the distance

so this is the new year
and I have no resolutions
for self assigned penance
for problems with easy solutions

death cab for cutie :: the new year


Note: This was published on Dec 31, 2009 2:17PM.. I'm moving it to Jan 1, 2010. Just because. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment