Wednesday, January 6, 2010

on the circus surrounding the use of "Allah" by a Catholic publication
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

:: Mark Twain


srsly, wadever lah.


on the crawling internet connection, at home and at work
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.


on readingsometimes i read too fast for my liking. i would make mental note to revisit certain portion, but by the time i finish the book, i am only left with an impression of it. i don't allow for time to ruminate, just wanting to finish it. it's good if i was reading some page turners, but it doesn't work for the kinda books i'm reading now.

i should stop shortchanging myself.


on current read
sebastian faulks is keeping me entertained on my train rides with engleby (the kan cheong part has yet to start), while david foster's celebration of discipline is current bedside reading. finding it to be a good book. hope to write about it some time soon. something that struck me from last nite's reading.

You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.

matt 12:34b-36
God only knows how reckless i've been in this lifetime.


on something for the year
i was keen to hop on to project 365, where you take a pic a day of anything and anyone for the entire year of 2010, but alas, i don't have a camera phone. my very sturdy sony ericsson w800i has lasted me 4 years so far (on a single battery abused with long hours). amazing lil one that. i won't buy another one til it dies on me, but it leaves me without a camera and you know how much i love taking pics. ah well, can't have it all.

anyways, since i can't take a pic a day.. i've decided to do it a lil differently. check out the last box on the right column.. i'll wait.

yeah, being a generally ungrateful person with a long list of complaints at hand and suppressed anger, i thought a good counter to that would be to.. give thanks. for the little and big things. so that i don't take things for granted. remembering the positive things in life. so yeah.


on weight watch
*munching on carrot cake as i type*

the button on my black pants almost popped out yesterday. holiday pounds are a nightmare.

had a nice lunch at la bodega pavilion just now, courtesy of our designer. the mushroom soup was awesome - totally recommended. :) finished the brownie cos everyone else was too full, as if i wasn't.


on the pantry dictator
my tea lady, she scares me. and for some reason, she doesn't like me. not the first time, not now. is it my asymmetrical face? my estee lauder perfume? my often dazed look? i don't know.

i heard her shouting from the pantry just now.

"siapa buka plastik bag ni? buang sikit sampah mau buka plastik bag baru kah? !@#$%^"

the garbage bag in the pantry is only available when she is around. this means that you can't throw anything in the pantry if u washed your cups/plates etc after 5. which is weird and highly inconvenient.

"haiyer! siapa buat punya??"

dunno who she was complaining to la. i picked up the phone and called my boss.

"she's shouting in the pantry now, about the plastic bag la. i hope she won't find out it was me."

my heart is still beating faster than normal.

7 comments:

  1. btw as per your request, i've put in the blogroll list dy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kalau reasonable, potong je lah... ^_<

    ya, i noticed the next day... thank you... easier for me to stalk your friends or ppl u stalk... ^_^

    i don't like bad ppl... bad pantry lady... "Curse you, Aqua Scum!" (May i curse here? Hehe...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol - aqua scum.. cute. i shd use that.

    no, you may not curse here, unless under duress.

    the list are my friends.. who still write. u'd noticed it's a much shorter list now. many have stopped writing.

    looking for options for broadband. wanna get new comp also. ^^$$^^ everything's abt $. aish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's from finding nemo... i like that "curse"... kekekekee...

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah i know.. i've watched nemo like 10 times dy.. haha.. maybe not 10.. 7?

    ReplyDelete