Monday, January 18, 2010

on blogging
when every experience, seen heard touched tasted breathed, are somehow, deliberately or unintentionally, forcefully or effortlessly, turned into somewhat meaningful sentences once the brain registers it, one is an incurable blogger. such is my life. true story.


on goodbyes
i hate goodbyes, but the longer i live, the more of them i accumulate. i have said farewell to 2 people last week: one who left to an eternal home the other side of this life, and another to the land down under. realising that i won't be seeing their faces on sundays anymore is quite the bleh (wonderful adjective, this).


on immaturity
just because you are stomping your feet like a spoiled brat and that you are wailing louder than a menopausal banshee, you expect the entire history and culture of a whole group of people to cave in to your childish, selfish demand? if i had me a cane, somebody's gotta get hurt real bad. shameless fools.


on life
the length of our days is 70 years
or 80, if we have the strength;
yet their span is but trouble and sorrow,
for they quickly pass, and we fly away.
[psalm 90:10]

it took me 30 years to amass the level of cynicism that i now enjoy. what luxury! actually, i woke up one day in my 30th year to find my husband in bed with me-now, instead of me-then. mmhmm..

"In my twenties I had this feeling of being victorious, I could climb any mountain, I felt invincible – in my thirties, I don't feel that, seeing what's happening to people around you, life is taking its toll," says [Eirik Glambek] Bøe [of Kings of Convenience].

(via the independent)
hahaha, a sentiment i also hear echoing noisily in me, and through those glazed expressions, maybe you. such is life (that is to say: totally incomprehensible. sure we have nice phrases or well-crafted paragraphs for what we have thought it to be, but it is beyond our grasp. brownie points for effort though).

if this life is ALL that there is, i would have long thrown in the towel at the pointlessness of it all. i'm just glad the bigger picture is drawn by One who sees way beyond what our mortal eyes could.


sømething randøm
that diagonal slash in the 'O' is sø cøøl. my surname thenceforth shall be Løke.

No comments:

Post a Comment