Wednesday, November 20, 2013

30 again.

So today I turn 35. Touching the point of middle life (yeah, I'd like to go home at 70 =), crossing the border to the other side of life (whatever that meant). Honestly, I still feel like I'm the same as I was in 2008. It's a good thing right? =)

At this point, I just want to say how grateful I am at life and all the blessings I've received. I am certain I don't deserve any of it, but the grace of God upon my life is so much more than my mind could ever come up with. I thank God for my awesome parents, awesome siblings, awesome husband, awesome friends... all who love me in spite of who I am. I know I can be quite a handful and difficult to understand and just completely lost in my own world sometimes, so thanks for bearing with me. I LOVE YOU GUYS. *sob sob*

Btw I came across this answer below on Quora, and it changed my perspective of time. I don't know what the next 35 years will bring, but I want it to be good and I want it to mean something and I want it to matter and I don't want it to be just about me.. So, what's in store? I don't know and I'm nervous but I leave it to God's hand.. Jesus, guide my way as I go on living one day at a time yo!








Btw I'm Miri this week, and I thought I had escaped to a low-key birthday, but I was surprised by a cake from my boss at dinner just now and had the birthday song sung to me by 30 of my colleagues whom I don't know (plus 11 whom I do), so I was really horrified but touched at the same time hehe.

3 comments:

  1. Wait, the last line sounded weird. I meant "Always looking forward (experiencing all this stuff) with you. (Here's) TO YOU!" Edited the sh*t out of that one. Hey, maybe I should dedicated this whole day to swearing you censored birthday wishes. Like Happy Fluffing Birthday E*lis. Ahahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your scattered birthday messages! :) And yes, LA 2015 yo! Hahaah... and yeah, fluff you. I mean, love you! Hahahaha..

      Delete
  2. SeoulSearcherNovember 20, 2013 at 10:53 AM

    Last touch point: HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Glad you had a birthday cake and the 30 random strangers singing you the birthday song experience at least once in your life. Let's rap the sh*t out of this year E**** L*** (in tribute to our objects of fangirl affection) and aim to go breathe the same air as my husby. Always looking forward with you. ^^ TO YOU! Whhhhheeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete