Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hi, I'm E and I'm an info junkie. Quora is my drug of choice, and Wikipedia a close second, but I dabble with everything else out there on the interweb that catches my fancy. I love the immediate gratification of having known something I didn't just a moment ago, but it sucks to know that I'm just mindlessly consuming bytes and bits of information and not using them for greater good. I am probably over-stimulated, but what can I say, I love it.

And like the adage that goes, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing", I'm a pretty dangerous person hehe. Aish, the thing is, knowing that there's so much knowledge out there that's beyond my grasp just make me feel so... stupid. And that's my problem. I hate to feel stupid, so I read, but the more I read, the more stupid I feel. So yeah, classic catch-22!

Srsly, if I could monetize all the information I've read, I should be pretty rich. Or if I could translate them into applicable skills, I should be pretty successful. Or if that would at least make me an interesting conversationalist, I would be the life of a party, and perhaps even my own talk show.

Unfortunately, I'm also an information bulimic -- I probably retain only 1.7% of everything I've tirelessly consumed, the rest are gone with the wind into the dead of the night~

It just hit me as I was reading a wiki entry on rapping as if I have any business knowing more on that subject matter (but it's obvious how I got there, isn't it? :).

No comments:

Post a Comment