Thursday, November 21, 2013

this takes the cake!

I've been coming to Miri so often these past few months that I'm calling it my second home, and even the hotel people have begun to call me by name (like I was some kinda VIP =).

So anyway, just now when I got back to my room, there was a knock on my door, and when I got to it.. the guy from the front desk who usu checks me in (I really should get his name tmrw) was standing there with Irene, a chef from the coffee house, who was holding a birthday cake and they started singing Happy Birthday to me! And I was floored, like O_O Hahaha.. I thanked them profusely of course. It was a really sweet gesture, I was so touched! They really didn't have to, especially when it wasn't like I'm a paying customer (my company foots the bill).. Anyway, I've written them a nice thank-you note in the customer feedback form.

So for the second time this birthday, I was taken totally by surprise. So much for wanting to escape the birthday limelight! =) I mean, I would have been more than okay if none of these happened, but I'm so grateful for the kindness of others, on top of the sweetest and most heartfelt messages I got from my closest friends and siblings over FB, Whatsapp, Wechat and Weibo (viva social media!). I'm blessed beyond measure! :)

You can't really see it here, but my face color matched my shirt's. And that small cake fed 42 people (it was the only one left at the shop when my colleague was asked last minute by my boss to get a cake) - quite close to a miracle eh? :) My boss definitely earned a tonne of brownie points from me for this! :)

Shared the cake and the story with my colleagues from KL who also happen to be in Miri. Thanks, Everly Parkcity! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment