Sunday, November 10, 2013

[via]

Wow, we are already ten days into November. Usually I'd be excited about being in this month, but this time around, it seemed to have arrived before I was ready.

Increasingly, I'm finding it hard to breathe. My plate is getting fuller by the day and I feel like I'm about to drop it soon and lose it altogether. And my procrastination is definitely NOT helping so I'm loading up on self-loathing. Been down with fever the past week, and I've actually never recovered from post-vacay fatigue, what more when I've had to travel for work soon after I got back. Sigh~ But really, realizing that my complaints just PALE in comparison to the other bigger stuff that's happening doesn't make it better...

My thought is with the victims of super Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. It's feared to have taken 10k lives so far. 10k! :( I could only pray for relief and reprieve to come soon to the survivors. What does one even pray for during such a time? Was just thinking about the typhoon, and natural disasters, in general, and questioning why they happen. I mean, I get death resulting from human acts (wars, genocide, murder, etc.) - we attribute that to sin - but why didn't God create a world that's disaster-free? Don't we have enough to deal with? Feels kinda senseless. :(

My prayer is also with a dear friend C, who's been diagnosed with a rare condition of having cyst growth in her spine. I.. Gosh, I don't know. It was one of the worst news I've had to wake up to. She sounded okay when I spoke to her today, but she's had a grueling two days coming to terms with the news. She'll be seeing a neurologist to determine the next step. God, please, please, PLEASE let her be okay.

Lord, have mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment