Saturday, January 25, 2014

best 20 minutes of my life

Community is bacccckkkkk!!! Oh my heart! With Dan Harmon back in the creator's seat, the show seems to have received a new leash of life after a somewhat disappointing Season 4. But this season we are saying goodbye to two of its main cast: Pierce (Chevy Chase)(whom I never really liked, so I didn't mind his departure)(he had a fallout with Dan) and Troy (Donald Glover a.k.a. rapper Childish Gambino)(whom I really, really liked)(he's leaving cos he wanted to focus on his music career, and it does not help that the show's constantly on the threat of being canceled)(I meeesh you already Troy, and how will Abed cope with you going off? Gosh, I'm genuinely heartbroken as one can be... over a TV character, and yes I feel silly crying cos obviously it's not real but.. but.. like the lava on the floor (farewell episode reference), it was real enough for Abed, it's real enough for me. I hope he comes back next season :( These guys are the best, I tell you, THE BEST!! =) Okay, I just want to say that I'm totally stoked about Community's return, even if this is a short season. #sixseasonandamovie yo!! *HEART*



Since we're on the subject of sitcom... I started and finished catching up with all five seasons (and the ongoing sixth) of Parks and Recreation over the past two weeks, and it was awesome. Not as awesome as Community, but it definitely made it into the list of my top five favorite sitcoms! It took me more than a year after downloading the first season to get into the motion (and I only did because all the other series I was following was on Christmas hiatus) but boy, am I glad I did. I just love the character played by Amy Poehler, the ever earnest and always optimistic government servant, Leslie Knope. And Nick Offerman's portrayal of Ron Swanson is stuff of internet legend by now. They are my two fav chars. I also love how cute Adam Scott is as Leslie's love interest and was also charmed by the impulsive and weirdo couple, April (Aubrey Plaza) and Andy (Chris Pratt)... and the rest of the cast is great too. It's literally* the best show there is and I'm just delighted to be on this wagon.. ;)

* that's one of Chris Traeger's (played by Rob Lowe) catchphrase, a blatant abuse of the word "literally"


Last but not least, a quick mention on the much-welcomed finall season of How I Met Your Mother. Much I had loved the show, my patience was wearing thin by the long winded stories Ted have been telling his kids - nine years! Like.... get it done and over already! I know I will definitely miss the show once it's over, but I guess it's better to go out in glory than defeat. They revealed Ted's wife (played by Cristin Milioti) in the last episode of the previous season, and she's pretty much incorporated into this season's plot and I love her already, so I guess everything is going on just fine and we're all just waiting with mixed emotions for the B(ig)-Day... so bring it on!



No comments:

Post a Comment