Wednesday, January 1, 2014

hello 2014!

I usually don't bother with New Year resolutions, because I'm terrible at keeping them, and in the end, they are only reminders of how farrr I am from my goals. But this year, this year will be different, because this year I want to be different (well, not too much, just a little bit, but still.. different). So, this is my list of things to achieve in twenty fourteen:
  1. Lose weight for my brother's wedding. I'm aiming for 8-10kg weight loss. That's how far I am from my ideal weight. *cries* But I'll take 5-8kg. -- Failed.
  2. Get back on my previous running routine i.e. hit KLCC park once a week and walk/run at least four rounds. -- Failed.
  3. Play the keyboard for 15 minutes everyday for 100 consecutive days (inspired by giveit100). -- Failed.
  4. Volunteer for a cause.. no idea what but this looks like a good place to start: http://dosomething.gd -- Failed.
  5. Be more active on Quora. Contribution-wise I mean, since I'm already lurking so much. And maybe make some friends there, or not. There's a robust online community there, but I feel so... timid and so intimidated. -- Failed.
  6. Either perm or colour my hair, maybe both. At any rate, I need to start taking supplement. I'm kinda paranoid at how sparse my scalp is. One of my worst fears is alopecia, but I'm already mentally preparing myself for that eventuality. I'm definitely getting a wig! -- Done! I actually started this list a couple of weeks back, and just so happen when I went to get my haircut the other day, my hair was out of control, and so my hairdresser suggested that I do what he calls "texture control", which tames the frizz, and the result is... I LOVE IT. :D It cost me a bomb though, but really, no regrets! :D 
  7. Pick up a smattering of Spanish and French (see, there's this app on my phone.. =) -- Failed.
  8. Plan for Los Angeles Spring 2015! *excited* -- Ongoing!
  9. Read at least 14 books (under my 14 for '14 project) -- Success (made it by a whisker again)!
  10. Discover a new singer/band to obsess over. I wonder who would it be, if there's anyone at all. -- Does anime count? Yes it does! :)
  11. Draw or paint or make something. -- Well, I baked my first loaf of bread! :) It was rock hard lol, but edible. Will definitely try again. I bought a box of colour pencils and doodled some. 
  12. Post at least once a week on my prayer blog. -- Failed.
  13. Watch one musical. -- Yup! P. Ramlee The Musical and Jersey Boy.
  14. Attend one concert. -- Could have been PGL Reunion Concert but it's postponed to Mar 2015 
  15. Finish Breaking Bad. -- Failed.
  16. Get my@$$ into the office by 9, latest 9:15. Which means getting up by 7:15. I can do it. -- Success! 
  17. Finish the book project I've been working on. -- Failed.
  18. Finish the website project I've been working on. -- Success!
  19. Read (or at least skim through) the business and world section of the newspaper every day. -- Failed.
Wow, that's a long list, and I fear that it's not complete, but I'm going to cap it at 20, lest it becomes too overwhelming (it might already be). I will add to it as I think of new things I want to do, such as:

  • Identify and name (almost all) countries on every continent on the map -- Failed.
  • Memorise the 66 books of the Bible (39 from OT and 27 from NT) -- Failed. I tried.. but not hard enough I guess.

So, hello 2014. What do you have for me in the next 364 days?

No comments:

Post a Comment