Thursday, January 23, 2014

So yesterday I had the worst bout of food poisoning I've ever experienced. Honestly I didn't think that I'd last the night, because you know, drama mama. But here I am so you know I survived.

My tummy started rumbling when we boarded the flight home from Sandakan (another exciting adventure, that, with delayed flights at Lahad Datu and rushing to the Sandakan airport three hours away to catch a direct flight home (instead of waiting at LD and missing the connecting flight in Kota Kinabalu which would probably means I'll only be home late at night) and reaching the airport literally moments before the gate closed) and the pain got progressively worse in that 3 hour flight. Asked for diarrhea pills from the flight steward, but they didn't seem to work. I got a seat right next to the toilet which under normal circumstances I would have complained about, but it was a definitely blessing in that flight for I spent most of the time hogging one of the cubicles. Touched down and got my cabbie to rush me to the clinic in SP (we didn't want to risk hunting for one because we were unfamiliar with the places near the airport). I honestly thought I was going to pass out from the cramps.

Reached SP and rushed into my usual clinic only to find out from the nurses who were staring at me blankly that the doctors were changing shift and no one would be available for the next 30mins. Thank God there was another clinic two doors away, I hobbled over and demanded to see the doctor immediately. Thank God there was no other patients as I would have felt bad jumping queue. The doctor gave me an injection (to which I still asked if there was an alternative while I curled up writhing on the examination bed because that's how much I fear needles) to my butt to stop the pain, and it kinda helped. With the cramp gone, I began to feel so nauseated and the aches in my body was getting more pronounced. Got home and as I was washing up to go to bed, I brushed my teeth, which kinda induced vomiting, and that's when I -- brace yourself, I'm getting graphic here -- puked and shat in my pants simultaneously. Yup. I just knelt there while liquid was shooting out uncontrollably from the two orifices. Gross right? I was just so thankful I was in my bathroom so cleaning up was easier. And gross as that was, it made me feel better. So I got into bed and slept for 13 hours straight.

So there, that was my food poisoning saga - the worst I've ever had it. I didn't think I would make it through the night, and when J offered to bring me to the hospital, I was so tempted to do it. And then I vomited.. so phew! Feeling better today - thank God! Going to Miri tomorrow for the HQ's annual dinner. Tried on a dress I wanted to wear and found out that I couldn't zip it up. I have a long way to go to lose all this unwanted weight. Boo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment